[Samba] samba 4.4.14 breaks classic domain

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 21:23:51 UTC 2017

I have several Samba 4.4.x servers (Solaris 11 x86_x64) in a samba
classic domain.    Samba patches are provided via the Oracle solaris
package update system.

The two domain controllers are running Samba 4.4.8.

A few weeks ago I ran the latest package  updates on a non-critical
server, which brought it up to 4.4.13.      All was OK as far as I could
tell.  This weekend I updated packages and brought the server up to 4.1.14.

This appears to have broken compatibility with the domain.

    root at memberserver1:~# net rpc testjoin
    Join to domain 'MYDOMAIN' is not valid:
    NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED
    root at memberserver1:~#

    root at memberserver1:~# net rpc join -U Administrator -S PDCServerName
    Enter Administrator's password:
    Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain
    'MYDOMAIN' over rpc: The transport connection is now disconnected.
    root at memberserver1:~#

    root at memberserver1:~# net rpc join -U Administrator -S PDCServerIP
    Enter Administrator's password:
    Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain
    'MYDOMAIN' over rpc: The transport connection is now disconnected.
    root at memberserver1:~#

"nslookup PDCServer" and "ping PDCServer" both work fine.

I suspect 4.4.14 was not tested in a classic domain and that I may be
out of luck.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks