[Samba] [4.2.14-Debian] Smbd not listening on 192.168.0.x on cold start

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 19 11:16:33 UTC 2017

Am 19.06.2017 um 12:43 schrieb Winfried via samba:
> So it looks like the init script in the Samba package in the Debian
> repository needs to be edited for a non-DC home server.

Restart through Init script:
========
root at debian:~# /etc/init.d/samba restart
[ ok ] Restarting nmbd (via systemctl): nmbd.service.
[ ok ] Restarting smbd (via systemctl): smbd.service.
[ ok ] Restarting samba-ad-dc (via systemctl): samba-ad-dc.service.
========

the main problem is that unholy mix of "we start different services with
a single init script" instead have 3 init scripts which are properly
ordered and can be enabled/disabled indepdendent

with sysvinit it don't matter that much because it has anyways no clue
about service status (and PID files are just a drity workaround for
missing capabilities) but that's the problem with sysvinit - nothing
really matters, everything works somehow and each distribution has it's
own crappy ways to implement the service scripts and their configuration