[Samba] question on password server =

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Thu Jun 15 11:08:45 UTC 2017

On 06/15/2017 12:04 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> What i think,
> In case of password server = internal.domain.tld
> PF resolves internal.domain.tld, and comes back with one of the 2 domain controllers in this example.

Yes, that would be what I called option #2, in my original message. And
in that case, when a DC is down, communication would fail (timeout) 1/3
of the time, in the case of one out of three DCs down.

And (option #1 as I called it) would be: samba noticing the fact that
internal.domain.tld resolves to *THREE* IPs, and always start talking to
all three initially, and just wait to see which ones happen to reply,
and which not.

I know the question is _very_ detailed and specific.... :-)

MJ