[Samba] Explain to me how this is correct...

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 20:23:03 UTC 2017

So... in the provision script, at some point after "self join" is printed,
we do:

smbd.set_simple_acl(file.name, 0755, gid)

.... where file.name is "/var/db/samba4/sysvol/tmpwXFu1C" and gid is 0 (at
least on FreeBSD).

the "OSError" here is a '-1' ... which is startlingly unhelpful.

... but the filesystem is zfs and acls of both posix and nfsv4 are working.

... having googled and tested several dozen ideas over the past day or so,
I'm relatively confident that somethings wrong with the test.