[Samba] Migration de Samba 4 PDC AD to another Samba4 (4.6.1 -> 4.6.5)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 14 16:10:45 UTC 2017

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:03:52 +0000 (UTC)
Juan Pablo Sandoval Rivera via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Good day
>
> Thanking you in advance for my inquiry
>
> What is the correct procedure or what steps should I follow to make a
> backup Of Users, Groups, Computers and Policies hosted on a Samba 4
> Server that acts as PDC - AD, to another newly installed Samba 4.6.1
> -> 4.6.5 (over Ubuntu Server 16.04 x86_64)

I take it you mean an AD DC (a PDC is something else entirely), if so,
just set the new computer up and then join it as another DC, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory

Sync Sysvol to the new DC, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_replication_%28DFS-R%29

You could then just continue with two DCs, but if you want to remove
the first DC, you will need to transfer the FSMO roles to the second
DC, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Transferring_and_Seizing_FSMO_Roles

Finally, you will need to demote the first DC, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Demoting_a_Samba_AD_DC

Rowland