[Samba] Samba printserver works for Win10 Pro but not Win10 Home edition

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Jun 11 14:28:41 UTC 2017

Hi Kjetil,

Am 11.06.2017 um 14:56 schrieb Kjetil Fleten via samba:
> Anyway, the smb.conf file that we copied out from the Ubuntu
> installation are not read by the new version. Most likely because we
> have not copied it to the right folder. We have copied it into many
> locations: /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf, /etc/samba/smb.conf,
> /usr/share/samba/smb.conf, /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
>
> Nothing works :'(

Where Samba expects the file depents on a 'configure' parameter. The
following command tells you the right path for your build:

# smbd -b | grep CONFIGFILE

To set it at build time, see
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source#Installation_Directories

Alternatively, you can pass the path to the config file to the daemons
(smbd|nmbd|samba). For example:

# smbd -b /path/to/smb.conf

Regards,
Marc