[Samba] failed to call wbcGetpwnam/wbcGetgrnam/wbcGetpwsid WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jun 8 13:13:04 UTC 2017

Now... we are not getting anyware this way, and flaming one other does not help.

So we need this answeres before we can contiue.
Please do not refer to previous posts, i want the current configs.

Post you smb.conf complete please.
You may change names of domains and/or ipadress but leave all other things in it.

wbinfo -i "testuser" failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND Could not get info for user testuser
Is 99.9% of all cases a incorrect (idmap) config in smb.conf

And :
> > @Louis - Rowland is very good at parroting back meaningless
> > information and proving that "something should work" however he is
> > utterly useless at getting to the bottom of an issue, or understand
> > that this MIGHT NOT BE a configuration issue. I don't know
> > that makes him a "good guy"

Its simple, Rowland, me ( and others) are on this list for years now.
Rowland is more up2date with current settting within samba.
I just a sysadmin with lots of different configs and due to that i know a lot.

What i dont know, Rowland often knows and vicaversa.
And due to his kindness, helpfullness and knowledge and how i know him over the years, i can say, yes, he is a good guy.

Now you other hand, how long are you on the list.
Remember, we do try to help you out, if we ask for something like settings, its because we want/try to help you.
And we need info for that.

I even try to help you in my holiday, and im still waiting on this answer.
> did you check the change logs as of your old version up to this
> version? 4.5.8 isnt 12-18 months old.
What was the previous version??
Did you check the change logs??

Review you config, start here.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Integration#Kerberos

And stop at the "Samba" part, since thats about a member server.

And now start reading:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Winbindd_on_a_Samba_AD_DC
And check you setup.

Last, check if pam-krb5 is installed on the problem DC, if not, install it.
And yes pam-krb5... (stop banging you head to the wall please.. ) ;-)

Why, for example in pam_winbind used krb5_auth, like this.
auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_winbind.so krb5_auth krb5_ccache_typ

If this all does not help, i can only give you one good solution.

Install a new DC, since that one worked, join the old domain, test again, if all correct.
Move the FSMO roles to the new server, and demote the old and remove it.

Greetz,

Louis