[Samba] Cache auth credentials on Samba domain member

Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth mike at datacontrolsystems.com
Thu Jun 1 14:16:08 UTC 2017

My setup uses sssd on the clients for offline logon, so it's not the same
thing you're looking for.  I think what you need is for your Samba member
server to be an AD DC so it contains it's own credential store.  You should
check the Samba wiki to figure out how to set your server up as a DC and a
file server.  That's how mine are setup, so it can be done, but there are
some intricacies that need to be worked around.  Your other option would be
to setup a separate AD DC.

Hope that helps.

Mike E.