[Samba] Cache auth credentials on Samba domain member

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Thu Jun 1 13:11:53 UTC 2017

Il 01-06-2017 14:45 Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth ha scritto:
> I've had issues with cached credentials with the Ubuntu packages that
> are currently at version 4.3.11.  They are a little old, but I haven't
> seen any change logs for the newer versions specifically regarding
> this issue.  Maybe I've missed it, but it's the main reason I continue
> using sssd.
>
> Mike E.
>
> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017, 2:08 AM Gionatan Danti via samba
> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

I tried with sssd also, but with the same result: if connection to the
main (remote) AD server is down, samba does not authenticate users. To
recap my setup:

DOMAIN CONTROLLER (Win2003) <-> VPN TUNNEL <-> REMOTE SAMBA SERVER <->
REMOTE CLIENTS

If the VPN tunnel goes down, the remote samba server stop authenticating
users. It does not seem a winbind or sssd problem, after all: severing
the VPN connection, user authentication *outside samba shares* work
correctly (I confirmed it by logging in via SSH using domain
credential).

However, *no* user authentication is possible on samba shares when the
VPN tunnel is down?

Do you have any suggestions?
Regards.

--