[Samba] Made a join with a netbios name, which already existed, now replication errors

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 28 18:24:36 UTC 2017

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 19:57:24 +0200
gizmo via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > What do you mean, 'I joined samba4 with the smb.conf' ?
> >
> > You don't create the smb.conf, the join as a DC should create it for
> > you.
> >
> > Rowland
>

> I copied the smb.conf from an existing domain controller, because the
> first join ended with an error "smb.conf missing"
>
> gizmo

Well, if anything, this proves that German Universities are as bad as
English ones LOL

When you didn't get a smb.conf, that is when you should have asked for
help.

I think you should first try to fix the database with 'samba-tool
dbcheck --fix --yes'

If this doesn't work, you may need to demote the two DCs in question,
but you may have to upgrade one of the others to at least 4.4.0, this
will get you the '--remove-other-dead-server' option.

Rowland