[Samba] Made a join with a netbios name, which already existed, now replication errors

thom_schu at gmx.de thom_schu at gmx.de
Fri Jul 28 19:09:07 UTC 2017

>> I copied the smb.conf from an existing domain controller, because the
>> first join ended with an error "smb.conf missing"
>>
>> gizmo
>>

> Well, if anything, this proves that German Universities are as bad as
> English ones LOL
>
> When you didn't get a smb.conf, that is when you should have asked for
> help.

Now I feel free to ask anything ! ;-)

now I'm really afraid to make another mistake and ruin the whole domain (maybe I did already)
Would it be more safe to install a 5th domain controller first and do all operations from there ?

And when I upgrade the 2 existing working domain controller, I also want to upgrade the OS (SLES 11 -> SLES12)
and then samba (4.3.11 -> 4.6.6).
So I intend to upgrade the OS first, which means, that the server with SLES 12 will be working in the beginning
with the samba software which came from the sernet repository for SLES 11 ?

gizmo