[Samba] migrating windows 2003 to samba4

Guido Lorenzutti guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Fri Jul 21 03:10:37 UTC 2017

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:38:07 +1200, Andrew Bartlett via samba
wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 19:29 -0300, Guido Lorenzutti via samba
wrote:

>> Hi there people! I been playing a bit with samba4 and I
feel ready to move a small domain I have from Windows2003 to samba4. But
I did not find a how to. I only have 10 users and 10 workstations,
static ips, and only filesharing. It should be easy. Could someone point
me to the right direction?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory
[1]

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd378876 [2](v=ws.10).aspx

> (We expect to have schema upgrade tools on the Samba side in 4.8,
but
> we can't currently do this automatically).
>
> Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

> -- Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/ [3]
Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org [4] Samba
Developer, Catalyst IT http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba [5]

Just
to add a few points, the link so far helps.

But the kinit
administrator had a problem:

root at dc:/etc/samba# kinit administrator

Password for administrator at TRUST.LOCAL:
kinit: KDC has no support for
encryption type while getting initial credentials

I fix it
with:

root at dc:/etc/samba# cat /etc/krb5.conf

[libdefaults]

dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = true
 default_realm =
TRUST.LOCAL
 default_tgs_enctypes = arcfour-hmac-md5 des-cbc-crc
des-cbc-md5
 default_tkt_enctypes = arcfour-hmac-md5 des-cbc-crc
des-cbc-md5

Then everything else works.

Tnxs!

Links: