[Samba] migrating windows 2003 to samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 21 01:38:07 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 19:29 -0300, Guido Lorenzutti via samba wrote:

> Hi there people!
>
> I been playing a bit with samba4 and I feel
> ready to move a small domain I have from Windows2003 to samba4.
>
> But I
> did not find a how to.
>
> I only have 10 users and 10 workstations,
> static ips, and only filesharing. It should be easy.
>
> Could someone
> point me to the right direction?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory

That should all just work.  If you can, try using the microsoft tools
(adprep) to prepare the schema for 2008r2 first so you have the same
schema as a new install.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd378876(v=ws.10).aspx

(We expect to have schema upgrade tools on the Samba side in 4.8, but
we can't currently do this automatically).

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett