[Samba] Can't create/update Group Policy in Samba 4.6.5

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 19:04:20 UTC 2017

Hi Louis

I have moved "empresa.com.br" folder to /root. After I run samba-tool ntacl
sysvolreset, but some errors appear:

samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
open: error=2 (No such file or directory)
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (-1073741823, 'Undetermined error')
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 176, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/ntacl.py", line
239, in run
    lp, use_ntvfs=use_ntvfs)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py",
line 1609, in setsysvolacl
    set_gpos_acl(sysvol, dnsdomain, domainsid, domaindn, samdb, lp,
use_ntvfs, passdb=s4_passdb)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py",
line 1502, in set_gpos_acl
    use_ntvfs=use_ntvfs, skip_invalid_chown=True, passdb=passdb,
service=SYSVOL_SERVICE)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/ntacls.py", line
162, in setntacl
    smbd.set_nt_acl(file, security.SECINFO_OWNER | security.SECINFO_GROUP |
security.SECINFO_DACL | security.SECINFO_SACL, sd, service=service)

samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck
ERROR(<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>): uncaught exception - (2, 'No such
file or directory')
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 176, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/ntacl.py", line
270, in run
    lp)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py",
line 1714, in checksysvolacl
    fsacl = getntacl(lp, dir_path, direct_db_access=direct_db_access,
service=SYSVOL_SERVICE)
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/ntacls.py", line
81, in getntacl
    xattr.XATTR_NTACL_NAME)

My sysvol folder is empty.

What is the problem?