[Samba] Samba 4.5.3 AD DC - issues with sysvol when setting up Group Policies

lingpanda101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:09:02 UTC 2017

On 1/12/2017 11:41 AM, Richard via samba wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> thanks so much for the feedback.
>
> Yes, you're 100% right.  I'm new at this and originally changed the default GPO, however subsequently reset the default and created a new GPO. (so this getfacl output is post creation of a new GPO)
>
> The getfacl output is shown here:
>
> # getfacl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.com/Policies/{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}
> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names # file: usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.com/Policies/{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}
> # owner: root
> # group: 10013
> user::rwx
> user:root:rwx
> user:3000002:rwx
> user:3000003:r-x
> user:3000006:rwx
> user:3000010:r-x
> group::rwx
> group:10013:rwx
> group:10014:r-x
> group:3000002:rwx
> group:3000003:r-x
> group:3000006:rwx
> group:3000010:r-x
> mask::rwx
> other::---
> default:user::rwx
> default:user:root:rwx
> default:user:3000002:rwx
> default:user:3000003:r-x
> default:user:3000006:rwx
> default:user:3000010:r-x
> default:group::---
> default:group:10013:rwx
> default:group:10014:r-x
> default:group:3000002:rwx
> default:group:3000003:r-x
> default:group:3000006:rwx
> default:group:3000010:r-x
> default:mask::rwx

It looks as if you are using 'idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = Yes' in your
smb.conf? It also looks as if you have given 'Domain Admins' a GID
number? I have noticed problems in the past if I gave Domain Admins a
GID. I would remove it.  It also looks as if you may have given
Administrator a UID? After removing the UID and GID attempt to reset
your sysvol. What is the output of the following before you do though?

wbinfo --gid-info=10013

wbinfo --gid-info=10014

wbinfo --uid-info=3000000

wbinfo --uid-info=3000008