[Samba] Samba 4.5.3 AD DC - issues with sysvol when setting up Group Policies

Richard p1 at originsystems.co.za
Thu Jan 12 16:41:31 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,

thanks so much for the feedback.

Yes, you're 100% right.  I'm new at this and originally changed the default GPO, however subsequently reset the default and created a new GPO. (so this getfacl output is post creation of a new GPO)

The getfacl output is shown here:

# getfacl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.com/Policies/{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}
getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names # file: usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.com/Policies/{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}
# owner: root
# group: 10013
user::rwx
user:root:rwx