[Samba] samba 4.4.4 Bug access based share enum = yes not work It does not work with many shares

Alberto Maria Fiaschi alberto.fiaschi at estar.toscana.it
Thu Jan 12 15:47:44 UTC 2017

I have a server with a lot of shared folders. (1600) To make life easier
for users I need to show them just the ones that they can use.
So I used access based share enum = yes for all sections.
Until about 900 shares all work well .. but with a greater number of
sections happens that all the shares are shown to all users regardless
of the access rights.

Samba Version 4.4.4 on Centos 7.

*Alberto Maria Fiaschi*
/Dip.to: / Tecnologie Informatiche e Sanitarie
/Area: /Infrastrutture Processi e Flussi
/UOS: / Infrastrutture Nord Ovest

*/ESTAR / *
/c/o / Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana
Presidio Ospedaliero Spedali Riuniti Santa Chiara
Via Roma, 67 - 56126 Pisa, Italy
/Tel.: / +39 050 99 3117
/Fax: / +39 050 99 3396
/mail:/alberto.fiaschi at estar.toscana.it