[Samba] Auto creations AD computers accounts.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Feb 4 18:39:21 UTC 2017

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 20:24:05 +0200
Dmitriy Merzlov <rxwrxrx at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, my users only in AD.
>
> In this rhel server I add AD users only via
> *smbpasswd - a username*
> I'm not sure, needed this line or not, it can be removed.

You cannot have a local user and an AD user with the same name, so you
might as well remove the line.

You do not add users to AD with 'smbpasswd', you add them with ADUC on a
windows machine, or if your AD DC is a samba 4 DC, you can use
samba-tool.

Your machine problem (home dirs being created) is due to computers in
AD being not only computers but users as well, but I have never heard
of this problem before.

Rowland