[Samba] Setting SePrintOperatorPrivilege

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Aug 26 20:12:50 UTC 2017

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 21:14:47 +0200
Kjetil Fleten <kjetil at fleten.net> wrote:

> Thanks Rowland,
>
> Contents of /etc/hosts:
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 127.0.0.1 printserver
> ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
>
> and /etc/hostname:
>
> /printserver/
>

> I have changed workgroup name now, and removed the .LOCAL in the end.
>
> I tried to change/127.0.0.1 printserver/  to/10.10.1.18
> printserver /in /etc/hosts, but that did not make any difference. The
> problem persists.

Does this machine get its IP via DHCP ?
If it does, remove the '127.0.0.1 printserver' line

If not, you need a line like this:

10.10.1.18 printserver.domain.tld printserver

and remove the '127.0.0.1 printserver' line

But I don't think this is really your problem, sometimes you
concentrate on the problem and miss the obvious thing :-(

You are trying to setup a printserver on a standalone server using
tools meant for an NT4 style domain.

Is the windows machine you mentioned a member of an AD domain ?

Rowland