[Samba] Winbind with krb5auth for trust users

Andreas Hauffe andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de
Tue Aug 22 09:25:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer.

All DCs (local and trusted domain) running on Windows Server 2012. The
client is running on OpenSUSE Leap 42.3. The samba version is 4.6.5.

Right now I'm a step before nfs. At first I just want to authorize users
with krb5auth.

The error is:

mlrlinux:~ # wbinfo -K GLOBALDOM\\globdomuser
Enter GLOBALDOM\globdomuser's password:
plaintext kerberos password authentication for [GLOBALDOM\globdomuser]
failed (requesting cctype: FILE)
wbcLogonUser(GLOBALDOM\globdomuser): error code was
NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS (0xc000005e)
error message was: No logon servers
Could not authenticate user [GLOBALDOM\globdomuser] with Kerberos
(ccache: FILE)

DNS resolution is working. I'm able to get the credentials for a
GLOBDOM-User with kinit, which should not work if DNS resultion has
errors, right?

Andreas

Am 22.08.2017 um 10:04 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> Hai,
>
> Whats the os used?
>
> The first things i would check.
>
> Did you give both servers the nfs/spn. ?
> The current search order for keytabs to be used for "machine credentials" :
> <HOSTNAME>$@<REALM>
> root/<hostname>@<REALM>
> nfs/<hostname>@<REALM>
> host/<hostname>@<REALM>
> root/<anyname>@<REALM>
> nfs/<anyname>@<REALM>
> host/<anyname>@<REALM>
>
> So make sure one of these is know in the system keytab file.
> The trusted domain, same REALM or other REALM, and if needed defined in krb5.conf?
>
> And both servers have A and PTR records and are correct resolved?
>
> If all of above does not work or is checked already.
> You could configure idmap.conf like this. ( there might be things to improve below )
> ( from my debian jessie servers, the stretch servers dont have the idmap changes anymore. )
>
> [General]
>
> Verbosity = 0
> Pipefs-Directory = /run/rpc_pipefs
>
> # set your own domain here, if id differs from FQDN minus hostname
> # Domain = localdomain
> Domain = internal.domain.tld
> Local-Realm = MY_REALM
>
> [Mapping]
>
> Nobody-User = nobody
> Nobody-Group = nogroup
>
> [Translation]
> Method = static,nsswitch
> GSS-Methods = static,nsswitch
>
> [Static]
> RTD-WEB1$@MY_REALM = root
> host/rtd-web1.internal.domain.tld at MY_REALM = root
> nfs/rtd-web1.internal.domain.tld at MY_REALM = root
> nfs/rtd-web1.internal.domain.tld@ = root
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Viele Grüße
Andreas Hauffe
Leiter des Forschungsfeldes "Auslegungsmethoden für Luftfahrzeuge"

Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik / Institute of Aerospace Engineering
Lehrstuhl für Luftfahrzeugtechnik / Chair of Aircraft Engineering

D-01062 Dresden
Germany

phone : +49 (351) 463 38496
fax :  +49 (351) 463 37263