[Samba] Winbind with krb5auth for trust users

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Aug 22 08:04:04 UTC 2017

Hai,

Whats the os used?

The first things i would check.

Did you give both servers the nfs/spn. ?
The current search order for keytabs to be used for "machine credentials" :
<HOSTNAME>$@<REALM>
root/<hostname>@<REALM>
nfs/<hostname>@<REALM>
host/<hostname>@<REALM>
root/<anyname>@<REALM>
nfs/<anyname>@<REALM>
host/<anyname>@<REALM>

So make sure one of these is know in the system keytab file.
The trusted domain, same REALM or other REALM, and if needed defined in krb5.conf?

And both servers have A and PTR records and are correct resolved?

If all of above does not work or is checked already.
You could configure idmap.conf like this. ( there might be things to improve below )
( from my debian jessie servers, the stretch servers dont have the idmap changes anymore. )

[General]

Verbosity = 0
Pipefs-Directory = /run/rpc_pipefs

# set your own domain here, if id differs from FQDN minus hostname
# Domain = localdomain
Domain = internal.domain.tld
Local-Realm = MY_REALM

[Mapping]

Nobody-User = nobody
Nobody-Group = nogroup

[Translation]
Method = static,nsswitch
GSS-Methods = static,nsswitch

[Static]
RTD-WEB1$@MY_REALM = root
host/rtd-web1.internal.domain.tld at MY_REALM = root
nfs/rtd-web1.internal.domain.tld at MY_REALM = root
nfs/rtd-web1.internal.domain.tld@ = root

Greetz,

Louis