[Samba] Fwd: Re: Trust Relationship between this work station and primary domain failed

zhia chandra bentunx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 15:15:58 UTC 2017

hi rowland

*OK, you were asked 'Was this pc a member of any NT4 Domain in the
past?'You replied with:'nope ..'*

well all the pc who had trust relationship problem is new PC with windows 7
or earlier .. they never connected to PDC in clear OS

i think i need to tell you my story 3 years ago when i upgraded the PDC to
samba4 AD , maybe it related or maybe it will be out of topic

we successfully running classic upgrade to move into samba 4 AD,
and move the Ad into new fresh server machine, and then of course we
shutdown the samba 3 PDC server base on clear os, and we do rejoining all
the client .. at that time almost all client is XP maybe only 5 PC running
in win 7

but then we found a problem when master browser was attached to one of my
pc(laptop) client so when this laptop not online, the other PC cannot
browse network in windows

after a few digging we found out that we need to build again new samba3 act
as master browser .. then it solved our problem .. the new samba3 master
browse version is not the same as samba3 PDC ..

On Aug 21, 2017 3:24 PM, "Rowland Penny via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 11:01:26 +0700
zhia chandra <bentunx at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi rowlad
>
> sorry for slow respon i've been busy with other things lasf few days
>
> here is my samba 3 configuration
> btw i use it incase master browser problem on samba4, that client
> cannot browse domain network, by Network place

And:

'but actually our samba4 server was upgrated from samba3 base on clearOS 5
..'

And:

'i still running samba3 in stand alone mode for netbios only'

I then asked:

'Is this 'samba3' machine (presumably a standalone server) using the
same workgroup name ?'

You have now come back with your smb.conf from your 'stand alone mode'
server.

[global]
    max log size = 50
    workgroup = TERMINIX
    server string = Samba Server Version %v
    netbios name = MASTER-BROWSER
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 50
    security = user
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    domain master = yes
    local master = yes
    os level = 255
    preferred master = yes
    load printers = yes
    cups options = raw

Only it isn't a 'standalone server'. It is the smb.conf for an NT4-style
PDC.

I have never tried this, but I am fairly sure that, having an AD DC
claiming to be the PDC master and an NT4-style PDC claiming to be the
same thing, isn't going to work well.

Rowland