[Samba] Fwd: Re: Trust Relationship between this work station and primary domain failed

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 21 08:19:10 UTC 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 11:01:26 +0700
zhia chandra <bentunx at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi rowlad
>
> sorry for slow respon i've been busy with other things lasf few days
>
> here is my samba 3 configuration
> btw i use it incase master browser problem on samba4, that client
> cannot browse domain network, by Network place

OK, you were asked 'Was this pc a member of any NT4 Domain in the past?'

You replied with:

'nope ..'

And:

'but actually our samba4 server was upgrated from samba3 base on clearOS 5 ..'

And:

'i still running samba3 in stand alone mode for netbios only'

I then asked:

'Is this 'samba3' machine (presumably a standalone server) using the
same workgroup name ?'

You have now come back with your smb.conf from your 'stand alone mode' server.

[global]
    max log size = 50
    workgroup = TERMINIX
    server string = Samba Server Version %v
    netbios name = MASTER-BROWSER
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 50
    security = user
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    domain master = yes
    local master = yes
    os level = 255
    preferred master = yes
    load printers = yes
    cups options = raw

Only it isn't a 'standalone server'. It is the smb.conf for an NT4-style PDC.

I have never tried this, but I am fairly sure that, having an AD DC
claiming to be the PDC master and an NT4-style PDC claiming to be the
same thing, isn't going to work well.

Rowland