[Samba] Friendly Reminder: Would you please comment on my findings?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Aug 18 15:32:50 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 12:51:55PM +0200, awl1 wrote:
> Hello one more time,
>
> unfortunately, one more time, another two weeks have passed without
> any reaction from neither Jeremy in person nor the Samba
> team/community. I am quite a bit astonished, disappointed and
> negatively surprised indeed: Did I do anything wrong when raising my
> issue with you? Everybody else asking questions or raising issues on
> this list seems to receive great advice, while I no longer get any
> reactions at all...

It's not you :-). You have to remember a lot of the most
active posters have full time jobs working on Samba. That
means that paying customers get the most attention. Doesn't
mean that non-paying list members get ignored, but that
you get support on a best-effort basis. You didn't get a
reply from me for 2 weeks as I was on vacation (which I
did mention on the list :-).