[Samba] Friendly Reminder: Would you please comment on my findings?

awl1 awl1 at mnet-online.de
Fri Aug 18 17:48:02 UTC 2017

Hello Jeremy,

welcome back - I hope you had a great vacation :-) - and I indeed took
summertime and this possibility into account in my previous mail two
weeks ago, so I hope I was not too impatient...

Anyway, I'm happy that you're back and hope that - well relaxed and
burning for action ;-) - you will be able to find some time soon to look
into my findings so far, because IMHO the results are interesting and -
while they have uncovered that the performance regression most likely is
not directly a Samba issue, but rather an issue in Micorsoft's SMB2/3
client - I still hope that you and the Samba team will be able to
address this issue with Microsoft (much better than I would be able to
as an individual without your background/backing) such that the whole
SMB communitiy will take profit from properly addressing/fixing it... ;-)

So looking forward to hearing from you again - hopefully soon. And in
case it might still stake some more time until you get to look into
this, can you please give an idea about how long it will take (days/weeks)?

Many thanks & best regards
Andreas