[Samba] extremely low performance on Samba 4.2.14-Debian

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Aug 17 12:37:58 UTC 2017

Hai,

Ok, so you have 3 the same machines and only one is slow. Thats important info.
Did anything special happen with this server.
For example 2 servers got a new install and this one had an upgrade (or sort of upgrade) from the "old" server?

Or you configured the new server in an other (ad site) and moved it to the new location.
In tring to figure out, where what happend, so we can review these steps and point of pitfalls.

Can you describe the steps you took when you
- installed a the "problem" new server.
- how you upgraded and/or installed new.
- was the server move from site to other site ( ! In the AD )
- did it have an ip number change when you moved it to the other site.
- did you make backups on the old and restored them on the new?
( if yes, what and where )

You steps, and preffered in order you did them. If you able to recall them all.  ;-)

If you have 3 (exact) the same machines, and all are same hardware.
Then or one has failing hardware, or something got corrupted.

So any info can help more.

Greetz,

Louis