[Samba] extremely low performance on Samba 4.2.14-Debian

Emmanuel Florac eflorac at intellique.com
Thu Aug 17 12:00:40 UTC 2017

Le Wed, 16 Aug 2017 23:28:08 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> écrivait:

> > Bios raid/hdds/mainboard up to date, so changelog review cant harm.
> > Is the nic using firmware?
> > The output of :
> ethtool -i
>
> So few thing, i can think of i would check.
> Its a pain, special when its far, the samba options are thing you
> might be able to remotely check. Maybe it helps a bit.

I've checked everything round and round. Speed is normal with FTP, but
not with Samba (I have no other Linux machine on the network to test
NFS). iperf3 proves that the NICs perform normally. I've tested several
kernels, 2 different NICs (Silicom 40G and Myri 10G), same low
samba performance.

I've built 3 machines on the same configuration (same RAID controller,
Myri 10G nics, Xeon 6420, 64 GB RAM, same mobo, etc) and only this one
is so slow. But only with Samba, everything else performs normally.

It's really crazy.