[Samba] FreeBSD samba server returns nt_status_acces_denied when DosStream xattr larger than 64KB

Andrew Walker walker.aj325 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 01:26:22 UTC 2017

It's also interesting to note that ReFS in windows has a 128KB limit on the
size of alternate data streams.

When you try to write an overly large stream, the ReFS-backed server
replies with "NT_STATUS_FILE_SYSTEM_LIMITATION" (0xc0000427) rather than
"access denied". The windows client handles this more gracefully than a
simple access denied message. It allows users to skip the file / doesn't
pop up a password prompt.