[Samba] Not enough storage space error

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Fri Aug 4 01:04:38 UTC 2017

Hello Andrew,

 From the day one, we set the log level to 3. Log size is really huge.
However, I did not see some thing very interesting and related to this
error. It is all to do with user login, information, etc. Should I have
to increase the log level to get more info?

One thing we noticed. When we restart the samba-ad-dc service, it allows
us to add new users, add new computers to domain, and even move the user
from one OU to another. However, from last two days, at around evening
(around 4:45 PM), samba all of a sudden cuts off all users from domain
and even fails to list the domain controllers in RSAT. If we restart
samba-ad-dc, it starts working properly.

Now we need to see, what is that event that is causing this cut off all
of a sudden? Is it a shear coincidence? Or is it something to do with
the large number of PCs are now getting added from different places?
Incidentally, we use the same domain admin account (limited
administrator) to add PCs to domain. Is this causing some problem?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava