[Samba] Not enough storage space error
mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Aug 2 17:57:28 UTC 2017
Am 02.08.2017 um 17:39 schrieb Anantha Raghava via samba:
> Today, when we attempted to move couple of users from one OU to another,
> Windows RSAT reported /*"Windows cannot move object. Ther*//*e *//*is
> not enough storage space*//*"*/. Our servers have 300 GB Storage more
> that 270GB is free on the storage. At the moment we have added about
> 1000 users and about 450 computers into domain. Overall, we will add
> about 7500 users and equal no of computers to domain. I also noticed
> that RSAT lost the connection to domain all of a sudden. However, when I
> restarted the samba-ad-dc service, it reconnected. I am able to add new
> computers and new users into domain. But moving the user from one OU to
> another is throwing above error.
> I believe the DB is a 32 bit one and should support upto 4 GB. When I
> checked in /usr/local/samba/private folder the size of smb.ldb file is
> about 4.1 MB and rest of the ldb and tdb files are around 1 MB in size.
Just some thoughts and things you can check:
* Do you move only one or a few user objects or a large number at once?
* Does it happen also for other objects (computer accounts or groups)?
* Have you checked if there is maybe no free RAM left?
* Does it work after you restart Samba or reboot the host?
* I guess you already checked that the mount point, where your Samba
databases are located, is not full.
* Does "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs" reports any errors? Run it on
all Samba DCs.
* Do you see any errors in the log when you try to move an AD entry?
Increase the log level, in case you don't see anything interesting:
* Do you have multiple DCs? If yes, can you temporarily shut down Samba
on all DCs except one and connect ADUC to this one and retry. And then
do the same with an other DC. Just to make sure that it's not related to
* Is this a new environment or is it an older AD that was more or less
More information about the samba