[Samba] Not enough storage space error

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Wed Aug 2 15:39:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

We are using Samba AD DC (Version 4.6.5) on CentOS 7.3. We have two
servers with BIND9 DNS and all are working just fine.

Today, when we attempted to move couple of users from one OU to another,
Windows RSAT reported /*"Windows cannot move object. Ther*//*e *//*is
not enough storage space*//*"*/. Our servers have 300 GB Storage more
that 270GB is free on the storage. At the moment we have added about
1000 users and about 450 computers into domain. Overall, we will add
about 7500 users and equal no of computers to domain. I also noticed
that RSAT lost the connection to domain all of a sudden. However, when I
restarted the samba-ad-dc service, it reconnected. I am able to add new
computers and new users into domain. But moving the user from one OU to
another is throwing above error.

I believe the DB is a 32 bit one and should support upto 4 GB. When I
checked in /usr/local/samba/private folder the size of smb.ldb file is
about 4.1 MB and rest of the ldb and tdb files are around 1 MB in size.

Now, how do I correctly check the current DB size? Is the above error a
strange behaviour? How do we fix the above error?

Thanks in advance.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava