[Samba] Setting up a Share Using Windows ACLs

Henry henry at incred.com.au
Sun Apr 23 04:07:44 UTC 2017

Following:

In windows:

I can set permissions under the "Share Permissions" tab.

I am unable to make ANY changes under the "Security". When I try I am
presented with:

"Remotely setting permissions on the folder at the root of a share
removes all inherited permissions from the root folder and all
subfolders.  To set permissions without removing the inherited
permissions, click No and either change the permissions on a child
folder or make the change while logged in locally"

Under "Share Permissions" I have:

Domain Admins = Full Control

Domain Users = Read & Change

As it stands I am unable to access the share (using a Domain Admins
account) however I am unable to do anything.