[Samba] doubt

Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes narutospinal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 17:28:12 UTC 2017

This problem, in the computer park there is a domain controller microsoft
without shared printers, I need to use another server with samba shares +
cups, but with authentication in the microsoft active directory.
I try parameters securty = ads (join machine in domain) and user ( cant
read users with nslcd and nsswitch , but only work with ssh and apache.

Topology

1 server microsoft windows ( Have user and groups tree and shared paste) (
This server ok, work with pdc, and shared paste )
1 Linux with samba and need only shared printers with authentication in
previous server . ( No work )

Rowland Penny
What I basically want to do is use the users and groups from the active
directory in my new samba with shared printers. What I can not do this
authentication.

This question is, i can use winbind for new shared printers? i join the
machine in domain, and cups work with anonymous. But any idea?

# My mini tutorial

#########################
(First test)
#########################

realm join --client-software=winbind -U login NONAME.COM.BR
realm list
authconfig --enablewinbindusedefaultdomain --update

wbinfo -t
wbinfo -g
wbinfo -u

Work (join in domain, and list groups and users)

i can use for authentication ssh and apache (work)

### My problem
Acually File with winbind

   workgroup = NONAME
   realm = NONAME.COM.BR
   security = ads
   idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
   template homedir = /home/%U@%D
   template shell = /bin/bash
   kerberos method = secrets only
   winbind use default domain = true
   winbind offline logon = true
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   log level = 3

passdb backend = tdbsam
printing = cups
printcap name = cups
load printers = yes
cups options = raw
winbind refresh tickets = yes
winbind enum groups = no
winbind enum users = no

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S, %D%w%S
browseable = No
read only = No
inherit acls = Yes

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/tmp
printable = Yes
create mask = 0600
browseable = No
        valid users = abc, bcd, dce, @grups_printers

[print$]
comment = Printer Drivers
path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
write list = root
create mask = 0664
directory mask = 0775

#########################
(Second test)

### My problem
#########################

yum install -y nss-pam-ldapd nscd

ldapsearch ( work, i can search and groups and users too)

nslcd.conf work too

i can use for authentication ssh and apache (work)

### My problem
Acually File with samba
[global]

workgroup = NOMEDOMINIO