[Samba] Require help on removing SAMBA

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 11 10:27:28 UTC 2017

stay on list!

Am 11.04.2017 um 12:08 schrieb M, Suganthi:
> Thanks for your reply . I am not able to find people who installed it because it was done around
> 10 years back but I am requested to remove it from our SOLARIS10 server now .
> I am able to see samba in /etc/samba  which has private folder and conf file.
> Please let me know if you can help with executable commands with steps for removing SAMBA.

i typed in google "http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=471016"
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=471016

as you have no idea how your machine is setup and there exists no
documentation in your company you have 3 options:

* just disable the service and don't touch anything else
* setup a new machine with documentation
* just google around

this is *not* just a samba specific question

i would setup a new machine when obviously nobody has a clue about the
software state and someone expects me to take over responisbility for a
setup without documentation and a known state