[Samba] Require help on removing SAMBA

M, Suganthi Suganthi.M at ncr.com
Tue Apr 11 11:19:59 UTC 2017

Hi Team,

sun1333 $ svcs -a | grep samba
disabled       Apr_08   svc:/network/samba:default

I see SAMBA is already disabled with the above information but when vulnerability scan is done on our server we are reported with below vulnerabilities from SAMBA 3.0.24

Samba receive_smb_raw() Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
Samba MS-RPC Request Parsing Heap Buffer Overflows
Samba Remote Command Injection Vulnerability

we don’t want to apply patch as we are not using it . I am also searching google for more help to remove it . Thanks for your inputs.