[Samba] GSSAPI - Server not found errors

Maton, Brett matonb at ltresources.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 18:44:36 UTC 2016

I think I'm missing some SRV records...

Calling nsupdate for SRV _ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._
sites.ForestDnsZones.mydomain.com dc03.mydomain.com 389 (add)
Outgoing update query:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: UPDATE, status: NOERROR, id:      0
;; flags:; ZONE: 0, PREREQ: 0, UPDATE: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; UPDATE SECTION:
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.mydomain.com.
900    IN SRV 0 100 389 dc03.mydomain.com.

tkey query failed: GSSAPI error: Major = Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor
code may provide more information, Minor = Server not found in Kerberos
database.

I get the same errors on dc02.

If I look at the forest in MS DNS tool I can find _gc _ldap _kerberos SRV
records for dc01 bot not for the others.

Am I on the right track here, or just besting around the bushes ?