[Samba] win 10 client on linux pdc, join domain ok, logon script fails to run

coxsterdillon coxsterdillon at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:36:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

On windoze 10, I can only access "//hostname",  i.e. "//DEV2" (net bios
name)

How do I tell it to access samba as "//DEV2.COMPO"  (latter is domain?)

I have looked at entries in lmhosts.sam  - is this correct?

DNS is not on linux box, google 8.8.8.8 through my router.

Also, \\dev2\netlogon is accessible but \\dev2\sysvol is not.  should I copy
the smb.conf from [netlogon] for [sysvol]?

regards