[Samba] win 10 client on linux pdc, join domain ok, logon script fails to run

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Sep 30 08:50:58 UTC 2016

> using virtual box and windows 7 IE 10 test ovp, I can join same pdc and
> the
> netlogon scripts run so it's something to do with samba and windows 10.
Your totaly correct. ( and that can happen also with win7 )

Call you script like \\host.domain.tld\netlogon\...
Dont use
 \\IP\...   Or  \\Hostname

Best is you read :
http://www.windowstricks.in/2016/07/group-policy-setting-not-applying-windows-10-computers.html
and this is what your looking for.
Check UNC hardening for netlogon and sysvol Shares policies.

And most of these problems are due to one or more of these.

Incorrect Primary DNS-Suffix
Incorrect Incorrect DNS Search order.
Incorrect Connection DNS suffix

The use of \\hostname\ or \\IP_Number\

Incorrect samba TLS settings.

Outdated GPO policies.
good info here :
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/new-policies-for-windows-10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25250
excel with all policies, and in my options a MUST HAVE !

Im running samba 4.4.5 win7 and win10 64bit without any problem.
ok the printer driver thing is last, but for that there is a good workaround.

Greetz,

Louis