[Samba] win 10 client on linux pdc, join domain ok, logon script fails to run

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 30 08:44:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 01:10:14 -0700 (PDT)
coxsterdillon via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> update:
>

> using virtual box and windows 7 IE 10 test ovp, I can join same pdc
> and the netlogon scripts run so it's something to do with samba and
> windows 10.

If it works with win7 and Samba, then Samba must be working, ergo the
problem must be with win10.

Microsoft seem to be making it harder and harder to use win10 with an
NT4-style domain, there have been some updates recently that have been
causing problems, I suggest you investigate them.

Can I also suggest that you consider upgrading to an AD domain.

Rowland