[Samba] Good Bye SAMBA?!?!?

Volker Lendecke vl at samba.org
Thu Sep 29 19:24:23 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 09:17:49PM +0200, Klaus Hartnegg via samba wrote:
> Or this one:
> "The inotify cron daemon (incrond) is a daemon which monitors
> filesystem events and executes commands defined in system and user
> tables."

Problem is -- inotify is not recursive by default. We now have the
notifyd which can inform you about all changes in the whole tree. Just
try the "notify \\" command in smbclient and watch what's coming in.
smbclient would not be the ideal candidate, we can do that much more
light-weight. But that would be the way to go for such a daemon
without having to recurse once a minute or so.

Volker