[Samba] updates of repsFrom/repsTo attributes (was : Re: replPropertyMetaData & KCC issues after updating to Samba 4.5.0)

garming at catalyst.net.nz garming at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Sep 28 05:39:59 UTC 2016

I have also managed to spot a hard-coded 2 hour fallback period in our
code (which may or may not be configurable in Windows). So this period
of time seems to generally be the default expectation of how long you
might expect to be able to take the DC offline without interfering with
the topologies (which is probably what you might want in the case of
brief service interruption and not suddenly triggering replication to
other partners). We may want to add a configuration option to Samba
possibly, but this requires some more thought and from some the feedback
I already have, some are surprised we were this fault tolerant to begin
with.

Cheers,

Garming