[Samba] Roaming Profile Problem

Simon Kelsall simonk at stjamesthegreat.org
Tue Sep 27 13:58:22 UTC 2016

I'm trying to get roaming profiles working on Windows 10 Pro machines
with Samba AD.

I followed the instructions and can see the user's profile folders
created ok on the server share, but when they try and log back on
(same machine or different) they get an error "can't read profile ...
logged on with a tempory profile ... etc".

If they can write the profile they should have permission to read it
again, shouldn't they ? Where should I start looking to troubleshoot
this ?

Samba Version 4.1.6-Ubuntu

# file: Profiles/
# owner: root
# group: CURRICULUM\134Domain\040Admins
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
user:3000000:r-x
user:3000001:rwx
user:3000002:rwx
group::---
group:CURRICULUM\134Domain\040Admins:---
group:CURRICULUM\134Domain\040Users:rwx
group:544:rwx
group:3000000:r-x
group:3000001:rwx
group:3000002:rwx
mask::rwx
other::rwx
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:user:3000000:r-x
default:user:3000001:rwx
default:user:3000002:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:CURRICULUM\134Domain\040Admins:---
default:group:CURRICULUM\134Domain\040Users:rwx
default:group:544:rwx
default:group:3000000:r-x
default:group:3000001:rwx
default:group:3000002:rwx