[Samba] named ( bind 9.9.4 ) fails to start

Maton, Brett matonb at ltresources.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 10:31:06 UTC 2016

Thanks Rowland,

  You saved me from a world of pain, I've now got named back up and running
and also accessible via windows DNS GUI.

  the SOA record still says ns=dc03.. which is strange and the only place
dc03 exists in the ouput of

samba-tool dns query localhost mydomain.com @ ALL

Is this something I can fix in the windows DNS GUI or do I need to do
something with like FSMO ?

Which btw (samba-tool fsmo show) lists everything as being owned by dc01

Thanks again BTW