[Samba] IDMAP + GETENT

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 23 13:19:00 UTC 2016

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:50:38 -0300
Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira <edson.tadeu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I donĀ“t know why, but, ldbmodify is not working with me :-)
>
> ldbmodify
> -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb /tmp/ypServ30.ldif-CHANGED
> --option="dsdb:schema update allowed"=true
>
> Invalid option --option=dsdb:schema update allowed=true: unknown
> option

Strange, it should work, is 'sam.ldb' in /usr/local/samba/private ? or
to put it another way, did you compile Samba yourself ?

There is another way of doing this (once you are sure you are running
ldbmodify against the correct path to sam.ldb), add 'dsdb:schema update
allowed = true' to the DCs smb.conf, restart samba and then run the
command without the '--option'

If this works, remove the line you added to smb.conf and restart samba
again.

Rowland