[Samba] IDMAP + GETENT

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 23 11:34:14 UTC 2016

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 08:06:56 -0300
Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira <edson.tadeu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I´m using ADUC, but Unix attributes is not enabled to insert GID.
> Should i recompile my samba with rfc option ?

If you are using ADUC on windows 10, there is no Unix Attributes tab,
if you are using any other version of windows, you need to install
IDMU, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Installing_RSAT

This does depend on you adding the option '--use-rfc2307' to the
provision command, but if you didn't, you can add it later, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_RFC2307_in_AD

> So, let me see if i understood.
>
> For each existent or new user and group, should i insert a unique
> UID/GID manually?

If you need to have the same IDs everywhere you need to do the
following:

For a windows user to be a Unix user as well, you need to add
a uidNumber attribute.
You also need to give 'Domain Users' a gidNumber attribute, if you do
not do this and use winbind, you will not get any Unix users.

These 'uidNumber' and 'gidNumber' attributes are NOT created
automatically, it needs to be a manual action.

Rowland