[Samba] Error "Failed extended allocation RID pool operation..."

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Sep 19 15:15:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 10:42:34 -0400
Adam Tauno Williams via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 15:15 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > No it shouldn't be replicated, the big hint is
> > 'FLAG_ATTR_NOT_REPLICATED', it should only be on the DC that holds
> > the
> > RID master FSMO role, so I supposed the question is, what does
> > 'samba-tool fsmo show' display for the RidAllocationMasterRole ?
>

> Huh.

Log into a DC, run 'samba-tool fsmo show' and look at the line that
starts 'RidAllocationmasterRole'
It should show 'CN=NTDS Settings,CN=LARKIN27'

> Under ADSI Edit I only see the value for the DC I am corrected to [and
> not the other two].  That seems correct???

Try running this on the DC:

ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb '(objectClass=rIDSet)' dn
rIDNextRID

Replace the path to 'sam.ldb' with the path to your sam.ldb.

It should should show the DN's of your DCs followed by the contents of
the 'rIDNextRID' attributes. these should be '0' on all DC's except
the RID master.

Rowland