[Samba] Point-and-Print driver installation asks for confirmation on current Windows

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Sep 15 08:42:22 UTC 2016

>> change the .inf by yourself

When you do that, you get the message that the driver isnt signed.

Ow.. And.. wait .. i'll get that beer..   ;-) ( at least working on it. )

Only tested it while entering the link : \\server.domain.tld\printershare

Still testing the deployment, but im buzy also with lots of other things.

So go testing is slow here.. please do test and report back here.

At least i can install the printer driver as user again.

Try the following.

Goto the policy.:

Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and then Driver Installation.

Enable it, Klik below on Show.

Add this GUID:

{4d36e979-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

( GUID found here : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553426(v=vs.85).aspx )

Reboot you computer 2x !  ( first to apply the setting, second to make use of it. )

Not the best solution in my optionion but the best i could find out for now.

We need better drivers from the printer suppliers, thats the only good fix.

Greetz.

Louis