[Samba] Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction - yet ldap ssl = no is set

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Sep 14 14:09:52 UTC 2016

Am 14.09.2016 um 14:27 schrieb lejeczek:
> On 14/09/16 13:11, Reindl Harald via samba wrote:
>> obviously the folder "/var/lib/samba-second" don't exist
> really? I could guess but will ask instead of - intended insult or just
> feeling happy go lucky?

i looked at your original post and there is no evidence that the folder
exists (output of "stat /var/lib/samba-second" or something similar) but
the message "Unable to create directory /var/lib/samba-second"

frankly i have seen so much posts all over the world where obvious error
messages explaining the porblem got posted and ignored so that i expect
a clear statement "but this folder exists and has the right permissions"
when menitioning such a error message and as long that don't happens i
assume it don't exist as the message says - it's that easy