[Samba] The user name or password is incorrect

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Sep 14 08:10:52 UTC 2016

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:20:51 +0200
Marc Muehlfeld via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Am 13.09.2016 um 22:11 schrieb Gilberto Nunes via samba:
> >> The last time that worked with a 2012 R2 as a domain member in a
> >> Samba AD in production was in March. It worked without any
> >> problems. However it was a Samba 4.3.?, not that outdated 4.1.17
> >> you have. Can you update to a supported version?
> >
> > I'm afraid I cannot do that, because I am using Zentyal 3.5, which
> > has same other tools integrate with the other parts of the system...
>

> Do they don't offer a update? 4.1 is EOL since March. It's always hard
> to search for a problem or an incompatibility in these old versions.
> Often problems are fixed in newer releases. Anyway 4.1.17 is also not
> the last version of the 4.1 tree. Best would be to contact the Zentyal
> support.

I remember this guy now, the last problem he had, he was advised to
update zentyal, if I remember correctly, he said he couldn't because
zentyal had removed something he needed. He could probably add this back
himself, but he wouldn't have the gui to manage it.

> > And yes, I am try to join Windows 2012 R2 as member of the domain.
>
> However I don't think your problem is schema related if you joined
> this machine as a domain member.

My misunderstanding here, you are very probably correct.

> While testing other stuff, I recently joined a few times a 2012 R2 as
> a domain member to a Samba AD and had no problems to log in. However
> this was with 4.5 release candidates. But it should work with any
> supported version.

I get the feeling this is a zentyal problem and will probably get fixed
if the OP would only upgrade.

Rowland