[Samba] Group Policy Management Processing Error

Rylan Merritt rylanmrrtt5 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:57:48 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I have encountered an interesting error when using group policy
management to manage our Samba 4 AD DCs. The error is:

"A processing error occurred collecting data using this base domain
controller. Please change the base domain controller and try again."

This error was encountered after I experimented with transferring FSMO
roles between the domain controllers. I transferred a few roles and
then encountered the error. So I transferred everything back to the
primary domain controller and yet the error remains.  Changing the
current domain controller in group policy management to any of the
three domain controllers in the domain also has no effect.

The version of Samba we are currently running is Samba version 4.4.5
and OS is CentOS 7 Minimal.

Have any of you encountered this issue before? Any idea what might be
the root cause?

Thank you for your time.

- Rylan